Cycling almost 4 weeks. Possibly stalled

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaeve

Reaction score
I started cycling my 37 gal 30 x 12.4 x 22in. Almost 4 weeks ago. Ph was 8.2 and was there still when checked last. My temp fluctuates between 82 and 82.2F. My KH was 18° (I haven't retested but maybe I should since I have the kit). I have my filter and a bubbler for aeration. I'm using 3% ammonia and I started with TSS so I dosed to 2ppm with 9.3ml. I've had 6 more additions to keep At 2ppm. I haven't seen any nitrites but ammonia is going slowly down and I finally saw 5ppm nitrates a week ago but hasn't changed.
If I keep having to add ammonia and it's staying around 2ppm and not higher and I'm seeing low nitrates that means something is happening right?
Should I be dosing to 3ppm to get it going since it seems the TSS hasn't speed cycled my tank? I just don't know if what I'm seeing is on track or stalled.
I did switch filters bc my other one was junk but I cut almost all my media from the old and put it in the new.

Should I up the ammonia or stay with it? Would adding tss+ to this new filter help?
Do I need to be patient a little longer?

Ok I myself have used TSS and I can say that it does do that to were you get nitrates before nitrites.No worries just keep doing what you are doing and you should be fine.Cycling does take a while.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back