Cycle Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishheart

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
A few months a go I purchased a pair of clown loches from a pet store and within a week they showed ich spots. We treated them and did our best but they still didn't make it. Sadly it moved onto the rest of the fish (they lived) then I ended up having to start my tank all over again because of all  the junk I used to clear up the ich.

Now I'm having a problem with the cycle, I've been doing 20-30% water changes for six weeks and the water continues to cloud up daily. I didn't have this problem before and it's really frustrating me. It doesn't show a high amonia content but it is detectable. I went through a stage where nitrites were going up but they have since gone to zero and no nitrates as well.

The PH and everything else is perfect...I just don't think it's cycling like it should. I have two medium sized glow fish and two small glow fish plus three beta's, I recently added five baby alibino cat's.

My 29 gallon tank consist's of:

2 - Fluval C-2 filters

1-Whisper 60 with 12 inch air stone

1-Whisper 30 with a 6 inch air stone

2- Live 12 inch plants

Several artificial plants and rocks

1-300 watt heater

Cover with LED lights

I would be very thankful for insight from anyone that has any ideas...thanks!

I had it cycled good before the infected fish were introduced. I'm pretty up on cycling, it may not have cycled enough or else there's something else going on...It just seems like 20-30% water change everyday for six weeks is a little extreme...
no.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back