Cucumber in with Guppy fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Carolinesugar

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all, ive just read a post on the betta and gouarmi section, and it sed you can boil cucumber and put it in with guppy fry, and their go mad over it, am i right to assume molly fry will have the same reaction as their both livebearers ?

lol, well maybe their just fussy, lol.

I went fod shopping 2nite, and planned on gettin sum cucumber, to test it out with the fry, and whats the one thing i forget ?he flipping cucumber, lol. how stupid am i ?

I feed my Balloon Belly Molly fry zucchini all the time. But you must not let one set longer than 24 hours or your tank will turn to a white cloud. Same with cucumber. The fry eat on it some as does the snails in the tank.

how do you serve it to the guppy fry? ex: sliced, diced small, etc....

In my case I cut about 1 1/2 inch to 2 1/2 inch piece off and then cut it in half long ways. I boil some water in the microwave and then put the (whatever) in it for about 3 to 5 minutes and then let cool for about 15 minutes and hook it to a flat rock with a rubber band

so it was basically so they had to eat away at it? not small pieces?

even when they are newly born they are big enought to tear it off?

puckbag said:
do u cut the peel of the cucumber off
No I don't. That is what the snails eat the most. Fry really don't eat much of it thoe but you need it to hold it toghter and to the rock or whatere you use. They also sale clips to hold it in the tank. But most veggies you eat your fish will eat also. Musatard greens and seasoned veggies aren't good thoe.

My molly fry will start eating on it about 3 hours after birth.

so you think if i boiled some cucumber and rubber banded it to a slate my fry (which should be brn anytime not) could use that as a good food source ??? also do u think my fry would get eaten trying to if i only have 3 swords and a pec in a 29 gal. tank????

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back