Crossbreed Guppies???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OscarCichlid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have only one Fancy tail guppy. It is a male that i bought at wal-mart. I bought him with 2 females in a hope that they would breed. They are great looking fish. Well everyone knows that wal-mart does not keep there fish in the best of health and the two females died soon after i bought them. I cannot find Female Guppies anywhere i gues because they are not as colorful. But i do have ALOT of female feeder guppies. What would the end result look like if i breed my Male Fancy Tail Guppy with femal Feeder Guppies?

You would probably get a mixture of plain looking females and very colorful males. I think that the feeder type guppies are sturdier moms, they get huge and survive the birthing process well.

ok thats great, Unfortunatly the male is in a tank currently being treated for dropsy. As soon as he is back to full health i will breed him with the feeder guppies and i will post pics to show you guys how they turn out.

Sounds good do you have a picture of the male? To see how splendid he is :thumbs:

I haven't seen any "feeder" guppies in any of the lfs I've been to. Where can you find them?

I would suggest getting a book on fish genetics, but I couldn't read very many pages in the ones I got... just couldn't get into it...

Most reactions

trending

Back