Creeping Jenny

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I_Smell_Fish

Reaction score
What type of nutrients does Creeping Jenny need? I have many -- potassium, iron, phosportus, nitrogen, Excel, and Excel Flourish. Maybe one or two more.

Thank You in advance.

I've not bothered with this plant because I know I have insufficient light. But I can offer some guidance on your question.

Aquatic plants require 17 nutrients. Photosynthesis is driven by light which must be sufficient intensity to meet the need of the plant species (there are fast growing and slow growing, with varying light requirements). Substrate plants usually need more light because it has to penetrate the depth. The 17 nutrients have to be in balance with the light intensity.

Those with experience with Creeping Jenny can offer more, but will want to know your lighting data and tank size.

I will just say that a comprehensive fertilizer is necessary rather than adding a few individual nutrients, unless it is certain that these are specifically lacking and the others are present.

I do not recommend Excel, as it is a glutaraldehyde compound and highly toxic. I just posted on this in another current thread so you can see that for more.

Byron.

I've grown creeping Jenny several times and never had to use nutrients. It's been kept with goldfish which produce a lot of poo anyway. Mine grew rampantly and to keep it tidy i would let it grow to the surface and then pinch out and replant the top half and discard the base.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back