Crayfish help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dbaby

Reaction score
I have an Electric blue crayfish that i rescued from a very horrible situation and she was doing great since i brought her home n put her in a clean environment.... All of a sudden, these past couple days she been back n forth. I dont know what to do. She always is on her side or back barely moving (looks like she is dying). Ive looked up the "moulting" process and what to watxh for...but i really dont think its that cuz its been quite often but i still have not seen any shedding shell or anything.... Does any one know what to do or have any advice?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How long has the tank been set up for?

Have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & pH?
If yes, what were the results in numbers?

Crayfish don't lay on their side or back when moulting so that is not the cause. The most likely cause is poor water quality or chemical poisoning (usually copper). The best thing to do if the crayfish or any fish ever looks off colour or is unwell, is to do a 75% water change and complete gravel clean each day until the problem is resolved.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

The water changes will dilute any harmful chemicals in the water and will fix a lot of problems.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back