Could this stocking idea work?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AydenD

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not entirely sure if those goes here but I have a couple questions regarding whether this stocking would work and what could be done to change it so it would mostly work (i.e. removing one species so all the other species can live together).

I have a 75 gallon tank (it's 4ft long by 18 inches deep and I think 24 inches tall)

Fish that WILL be going in the tank (I already have them in a 20 gallon)

One Blue Gourami
One Pearl Gourami
Two Clown Loaches (small)
Two Weather Loaches
Two Giant Danios
Two Siamese Algae Eaters

Here are some fish I was thinking of that I would want and would want to be able to keep the most of them as possible

Amazon puffer (because they're a "community puffer"(still a puffer so can be nippy I know))
African Rope Fish
African Butterfly Fish
German Blue Rams
Snowball Pleco
Assorted Tetras/Danios
Possibly Discus (probably not, not a deal breaker)

Obviously I don't think I'll be able to keep all of those with my existing fish but I was wondering what everyone on here thought about the fish I listed and was wondering if you guys had any other cool/colorful fish that would work in a community.

Thank you for the help and suggestions!

AydenD

Unfortunately with what you definitely have, none of the other mentioned fish will work. The reasons are various, from quite non-compatibility (the discus cannot be combined with most of the others) to size and needing larger groups of the shoaling fish, for which there is not space in the 4-foot tank. I would be willing to explain further if asked.

EDIT. Just came across a duplicate thread on this topic with posts from members; you should ask a moderator to delete or close this present thread. I will post in the other now.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back