Could I Add Another 1 Or 2 Firemouths?

STEWARDSONS

Fishaholic
Reaction score
could i add more firemouths to this stocking? if so how many is a good number? its a 300ltr tank

5 denisonii barbs
2 convict cichlids
2 firemouth cichlids
2 cupid cichlids
2 african butterfly fish
4 pictus batfish
1 L015
1 golden panchax
1 dwarf gourami

Lol, Frontosa to Blue Acara to Firemouths... To be honest I dont really know, I doubt it though, you look pretty well stocked to me, are your 2s, pairs?

Lol, Frontosa to Blue Acara to Firemouths... To be honest I dont really know, I doubt it though, you look pretty well stocked to me, are your 2s, pairs?

the convicts hate eachother i have a feelign they are both female they live at separate ends of the tank but are only about 1.5 inches big, the cupids are ok most of the time sometimes one chases the other, the firemouths seem ok however the larger one chases the smaller one quite a lot. he also chases all the other fish at feedign time too

Looks to me like your after adding something more to your tank, would it be worth re-homing some to allow you to have a more peaceful tank. I dont think adding more firemouths is gonna be appropriate because, a) theyre cichlids and need a bit of room, I dont think 4 will quell aggression b) You might end up with a pair, which could breed and be very territorial

Are they males or females? I would rehome the bossy one and let the less dominant one become boss and leavit it at that. FM's do a hell of alot of chasing. I would also rehome one of the Convicts, should make for a nice tank then. If adding to anything, add to the Cupids maybe.

Are they males or females? I would rehome the bossy one and let the less dominant one become boss and leavit it at that. FM's do a hell of alot of chasing. I would also rehome one of the Convicts, should make for a nice tank then. If adding to anything, add to the Cupids maybe.

I agree. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back