corys corys corys!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i was wondering if different species of corys school with each other cause currently i have 3 albinos and a spotted cory

my understanding is they get along but don't necessarily school toether. I just started my cory collection today with 3 spotted and I plan on adding 3 of another species next week. Are yours schooling?

well ive noticed that the albinos stick to there own and the poor spotted stays by himself

Hi tank212 :)

While your fish are all corydoras, they are of different species. Therefore, while they will get along well, and sometimes school with other corys, they do prefer to have companions of their own kind to school with too.

It would be good if you could get one or two more of the spotted corys to keep yours company. When it comes to corys, more is always better. :D

im hoping to get upwards of 8 corys and unleash them in a 55gal i think thatd be cool watching them swim with each other

I started with 6 in my 55 gallon and now have 21. It's a real trip watching them all clown around.

I've finally got my 55 gallon set up with sand and a big AquaClear filter and moved all of my larger corys into it. :D

They are so happy to have all that space and seem to be thoroughly enjoying each other's company as one big school. They are much more playful and outgoing than when they were in individual species tanks.

I love to watch them when they are all on one end, in their cave or sitting on and around it. Then one will take off and race to the other side. Then another will follow and by that time the entire group is ready to swim together, clear accross the tank. They are fairly fast swimmers, and it's great to see them move together as a unit.

At other times members of one species will sit or play together quite apart from the others.

My corys are an endless source of amusement and fun. :thumbs:

Went back to LFS for more cories b/c the 3 i got seem a bit lost in the large tank and I lost one to pre amture death. All three I bought today were in the same "spotted cory" tank that I got the other 3 from. However, 1 had slightly different markings, but I decided to keep him anyway to experiment for myself. Sure enough, the 4 cories of the same species are inseperable and the one diff. is on his own. If it doesnt change I will get him a bro. My next stop on the internet is to see exactly what kind of cories I got!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back