Corycats...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jo1980

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I got my corycats last week, and I thought they were supposed to "hide out" all the time.....

They are constantly going up and down the sides of the tank and it doesn't matter if the light is on or off....

They are albino's. Is this normal? I understood they preffered to be on the bottom and they didn't like the light very much.... Are mine oddballs?

Jo.

Every albino cory I've ever had has been very busy (like yours) and never hides out. Sometimes they get so active I wonder if they're on something. :p They stay to the front of the tank and don't mind the light at all, and don't act the least bit shy. I think maybe you got some false info.

Thanks for that. It's not that I mind - makes it much more interesting to watch :D

I think I read it in a general corycat thing rather than being Albino specific... more research needed hey?

Thanks again.

No idea-I've only had albinos.

most cories are out and about quite a lot as long a they feel safe - ie theyre in a group, theres no obvious predators, etc etc...my pandas are always dashing around. :)

I was just about to say the same thing. My little buggers are constantly crazy playing hop frog over each other all day long and exploring the tank the only time I'm concered about their movement is when the temperature drop and eggs start appearing in clusters throughout the tank :rolleyes: (Little guys had a bit too much fun)

Ditto..my albinos are all over the place, top to bottom and really make for an interesting show. They're great. SH

I had heard that they were peaceful bottom dwellers that just rooted around.

I thought my tank had horrible levels of ammonia or nitrites or something because they acted like my other fish did when they were going to die from extreme environmental shock!

And then I found out that they actually produce their own crack using common aquarium items and smoke it regularly. God I love my albinos.

clutterydrawer said:
most cories are out and about quite a lot as long a they feel safe - ie theyre in a group, theres no obvious predators, etc etc...my pandas are always dashing around. :)
I have a single Panda, and was worried he might be lonely, but he is active, and always dashing around, even up and down the glass. Sometimes a cherry barb joins him. Looks like they have fun.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back