Cory With Eggs Or Should I Be Concerned?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

panino212

Reaction score
Hey guys!

This is my first time writing on this forum. I just wanted to get your opinion on one of my panda corys.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed one of my corys has a rounded pale spot close to its anal fin. I honestly have no idea what it could be. Maybe eggs?!? I looked all over the internet and I couldn't find any pictures or info on this. It was definitely not there before so I don't know if I should be worried about it or not. 
I have attached 2 pictures so you guys have an idea of what I'm talking about.

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me!

Thank you!

Andre

Attachments

• Panda Cory 2.jpg
    Panda Cory 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Panda Cory.jpg
    Panda Cory.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 275
Welcome to the forum, Andre.

Definitely not eggs.

I would say that's probably a bacterial infection, and I would recommend a course of Myxazin, if you can get it, or another anti internal bacterial medicine.

It's probably not related to this issue, but I have to say, I don't like the look of your substrate. It looks very rough, and could cause your cories problems with their mouths and barbels in the future.

Wow! Thanks for the tip, fluttermoth! I will start treatment right away! I could get some Myxazin at the local fish store. Right now I only have Furanol for bacterial infections. Do you think that might work as well?!?

I hear what you're saying about the substrate but I'm not sure if it looks rough because of the flash that I used in the picture?!? I'm using JBL Sansibar Black Sand which I bought specifically for the corys 'cause I was told it was ideal for them. I would love to hear your opinion on it. 

Once again, thank you so much for your help! Hopefully the cory will recover soon! 
sad.png

Furanol is worth a try, if you have it.

I'm not familiar with the Sansibar sand; it could well just be the picture. If you rub a bit between your fingers, or look at it close up, you should be able to tell if it's smooth enough.

must be the picture cos i use the sansibar sand and i can assure you its really fine.

Great to hear positive experiences with Sansibar sand. I have had my suspecions causing a lot of Cory-issues (lot of topics about barbel loss aso). Opened a topic some time ago at Planet Catfish. Some guys stated they would never use it again.
My thoughts went to the vulcanic (glass) origin.

This isn't an egg indeed !!! I'd follow Fluttermoth's advice.

Regards, Aad

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back