Cory Catfish Keep Dying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_11

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I've had about 5 Peppered Cory catfish in the past month or so, and every one has died. My water levels are great and I don't know what else it can be? Any ideas?

What were you feeding them?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Colin_11 said:
Just flakes
Colin, please buy some pellets for carnivorious botomdwellers next time. Lot of.flakes do'nt contain the right ingredients for Corys to thrive / grow.
Don't know if it is the cause of death but the wrong food makes them vunerable for all kind of infections. You can variate though

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

I picked up a Albino Cory Cat a couple of weeks ago, wanted something other than a sucker fish but didn't do my homework. This thing was crazy, was never on the bottom and zig zagged around the tank all day/night. After doing some reading I discovered they don't like to be alone. I also found out that flake food wasn't going to be enough. I picked up some Shrimp and Lobster Pellets & Pleco Wafers and man they are happy fish now! Even my sucker fish is enjoying the new food choices..

OP; can you give details of your tank, please?

How big it is, what fish you have, how it's decorated, what temperature you're running at, how large and how often you do water changes, plus the actual numbers from your tests, including pH and hardness, if you know them.

It's not really possible for us to definitively assess what might be the cause of your losses from the information you've provided so far.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back