Cories School With Other Kinda Of Cories?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GetItSahn

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a pretty simple question. I want to complete my school of cories, i currently have 3 peppered ones. Do i have to add three more peppered or could i add albino or pandas? are all cories species compatible?

cories naturally school in the same species so its best that you add 3 more.

I've had very similar cory hang out with each other but if they are not very closely colored in my experience they won't. For example I had bronze and peppered that hung out but a panda that was excluded. Even so, they just hung out, it wasn't the same behavior as being with its own kind. Cory are very social and even play, in this case they didn't, they just kind of stayed with each other for protection but not really socializing.

They prefer their own species to school with so it would be best if you got more peppered. :)

When you get more Peppered you will be amazed about the social interaction of these fish. I've now got 8 and it's really marvelous to see.
From the 150 Corys I am keeping at the moment they are great. Waiting at the window for food, swimming up to get their share of flakes hahaha.
Peppered have a swimmingbehaviour that's a bit different from the others. They cruise the whole tank. Others stay more on the bottom.
Defenitely buy more Peppers !!!

thank you all for your input, i bought 3 more peppered corys earlier and everything is getting along great in my tank!

Blondielovesfish said:
Good to hear!
I'd love to see some pics of your Corys!
photo.gif
I'll try to get a pic of my one runt, he is so small! I love watching him interact with my snails and the biggest cory

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back