Constipated Betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mrcoxy83

Reaction score
Hello people was wondering if you could help me! right ok my male siamese fight fish has a big belly and seems rather depressed.

He sticks in the corner of the tank and wont budge. ive been told to give him an epsom salt bath for 24/hours, one level tea spoon per gallon then leave him in there and see what comes out. well i tried that and hes still got a big belly!!! any suggestions?

i was thinking of trying it again and seeing what happens! but im worried he has had anything to eat for about two or three days now!!!

Have you given him the pea treatment? a boiled shelled pea crushed so he can eat it? is his bulge even across his belly or is it to one side? does he have problems swimming?

you dont leave him in an epsom salt bath do you? i thought you use it as a dip for, like, 30 mins max? am i wrong?

Have you given him the pea treatment? a boiled shelled pea crushed so he can eat it? is his bulge even across his belly or is it to one side? does he have problems swimming?

well ive been told that bettas are predators so they shouldnt eat vegetarian foods am i wrong? well i could give it a go and see how that works!

Well I havent heard anyone say that before but giving him pea will kick start his digestive system and normally cures constipation so definitely try it! boiled shelled and crushed between your fingers so he can fit it in his mouth! I fed mine pea this evening as part of a balanced diet. Once every fortnight to ensure against constipation. They enjoy pea as much as brine shrimp or blood worm :good:

you dont leave him in an epsom salt bath do you? i thought you use it as a dip for, like, 30 mins max? am i wrong?

well at work we have some aquarium guys so they said to leave the the betta in for 24 hours! as the epson salt bath is very diluted!

he is fine swimming he just staying in the corner of the tank, he has a fat belly at the front all the way round dude!

My guys won't eat the peas as well but first leave him for 48 hours without food and then give him pea..They pea won't work right away so yu have to give him twice a day for 4 days and then one day starvation again and than pea again..Also try to warm the water a little bit..In warm water their bellyes will make them poop..that wat's wark for my guys :D Hope he gets better

My guys won't eat the peas as well but first leave him for 48 hours without food and then give him pea..They pea won't work right away so yu have to give him twice a day for 4 days and then one day starvation again and than pea again..Also try to warm the water a little bit..In warm water their bellyes will make them poop..that wat's wark for my guys :D Hope he gets better

well i was going to put him in another epsom salt bath but ill try the peas i bought a pecil and mortar to grind up some peas for him! :)

well i was going to put him in another epsom salt bath but ill try the peas i bought a pecil and mortar to grind up some peas for him! :)

lol yeah try pea but I dont think you need to make it into a paste with a pecil he's ok with mouth sized chunks and is probably more likely to eat it!

lol yeah try pea but I dont think you need to make it into a paste with a pecil he's ok with mouth sized chunks and is probably more likely to eat it!

thanks dude ill give it a good go and if it works ill make it a regular part of the weekly diet :)

try using a mirror to make him flare...mine always poos when he flares. worth a shot.

Most reactions

trending

Back