FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ranish

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Got a couple of mollies but have no idea if they are going to drop fry. They are very confusing because they look big in the first place. Previous owner said that some may be pregnant. Please help. Any help welcome. I have attached some pics as well. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 520
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 421
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 411
IMO, yes, they have that very large belly, but they also have that squarish look to their belly which is another sign of being pregnant.

At first glance I could of swore one was on its back on the bottom of the tank, LOL, camera tricks!   Balloon molly are very strange looking critters aren't they....

Do you have any idea how long it might be? I have 5 balloon mollies and out if the 5, 4 of them look this way. I am confused as I can't decide whether it is their normal look or qhether they are pregnant?

their belly looks square. they look close to giving birth to me. maybe give them a week or two. usually molly gestation is 28 days and maybe a little more.
add floating plants like anacharis cabomba or hornwort , fry likes to hide in them.
Good luck with your mollies! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back