Community Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Are you planing to breed the Plecos? If not I would suggest you get 2 females. 1 albino and 1 red long fin would look nice.
Not planning on breeding them, was planning on getting a male and a female in hopes that they won't kill each other. I was hoping any fry produced wouldn't be left alone by the other fish. In any case I'd probably give all the fry to my lfs or rehome them. I'll look into the red long fin bristlenose, the albino isn't really to my liking...

I thought of another idea... I thought an amazon biotope would be nice for a few reasons.
1. I can safely have a larger quantity of each species of fish without worrying about overcrowding the tank. This ensures the fish stay happy and I stay happy lol.
2. Attempting to replicate a natural habitat in my home sounds pretty awesome.

I was wondering if the stocking list I've added to this post is something a beginner can handle, and if the stocking list looks somewhat viable.
View attachment 84100

I also have a few question about plants and the such in a biotope, should I post those on this thread or start a new thread?

Thanks!

I suggest you start a new thread; members, to ensure they don't miss anything, have to read through most of the posts in a thread before they comment, and this can be detrimental to getting responses. TYhis thread is now over five pages. Start a new thread with a post on your tank data (60g, dimensions), water parameters, and then questions on fish, plants, decor.

I have a lot of direct experience with South American habitats and fish species and would be glad to share. Most of my research over several years has been in Amazonia.

I suggest you start a new thread; members, to ensure they don't miss anything, have to read through most of the posts in a thread before they comment, and this can be detrimental to getting responses. TYhis thread is now over five pages. Start a new thread with a post on your tank data (60g, dimensions), water parameters, and then questions on fish, plants, decor.

I have a lot of direct experience with South American habitats and fish species and would be glad to share. Most of my research over several years has been in Amazonia.

I will thanks!

Guppies!!! If the common ones aren't for you, perhaps look into some fancy strains :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back