What's new

Common Problem During Fishless Cycle

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Dlee13

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So I am currently on day 26 of my fishless cycle and like many people, I am stalled for no apparent reason. By day 6 I was already experiencing a drop in Ammonia, my levels where dropping 1ppm over 24 hours and I had Nitrites showing up as well. This lasted for 3 days then suddenly just stopped after I topped the ammonia back up to 4ppm. Since then I have absolutely no drop in ammonia and no nitrites. Since day 9 I waited and waited for a change but nothing bappened. One week ago I got rid of the carbon out of my filter and replaced it with sponges as well as a 50% water change, now one week later my ammonia is still sitting at 3/4ppm with no sign of change. My PH has been a steady 7.4 and my heater is at 82F so what caused my cycle to stall?

I have read on so many forums from so many forums from so many different people that this happens with no specific reason or solution at all. Does anyone know what could be the problem and could help me? I'm getting really frustrated and don't know what to do since many people have this problem but no one seems to get a solution.

First off cycling is not magic, nothing happens for not reason.

You have not provided anywhere near enough information to allow for a realistic assessment of your situation.

There are 26 days of cycling and almost no detail on what you did when, what readings you got when. You do not detail your tap parameters, your tank parameters. Do you use dechlor? do you have plants? What test kits are you using?

I wonder whose cycling instructions your are following as it is not the method in the Cycling a Tank link at the top of the page.

The most common cause of cycling problems is overdosing ammonia in terms of either the size of the dose and/or how often one adds ammonia.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back