Colourful surface fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Crystalab

Reaction score
Howdy All!
Tank is 30X20X12 = 31 gal or 118L. 2 Topfin 40 filters, mostly plastic plants but I recently purchased a live plant that LFS said would float (mostly it does)
I believe I am dealing with "Old Tank Syndrome" and will be doing a complete teardown in a week's time (doing daily water changes from now til then). I will be making a few changes to the landscape (I found some plastic plants tall enough for my tank :) ) I am also changing the gravel to a finer gravel (one bag rinsed, one to go and soaking in a big tub with my new plants)
I currently have 3 peppered corys, 2 bronze (or green) corys and 7 Black Skirts ( I pepper, bronze and 4 blackies are new thus the wait time)
I will be waiting an approx. month before buying any more fish but I like to educate myself first. I have black coloured fish on the bottom and in the middle. I need some ideas for the top areas but want colour as well. I've seen some in my research but... they're black too! lol
One website mentioned to not mix the Black Skirt Tetras with other tetras....?? (scratching my head)
I can only read so much info before going buggy-eyed thus I turn to you fine folks for ideas

Thanks and Cheers!
Crystal

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back