Colourful Corydoras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ChrissyBoy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm looking to stock my tank with a few more Corys. I've already got a peppered cory, a gold laser cory, a sterbai cory and a corydoras trilineatus.

The gold laser is amazing, he's really nice but the other ones are fairly bland looking.

My local LFS said they can order any cory in that I want, but I need to know the latin name. They don't have catalogues unfortunately.

Does any have or know of any colourful corydoras? The gold laser is the most colourful I've seen so far.

Cheers guys,

Chris

There are orange and green lasers which are similar to the gold except orange and green. I really like Corydoras duplicareus/Adolfi but they tend to be expensive and hard to find. Corydoras schultzi have a black form which are also quite stunning imo but again rare and tend to be expensive. I got a real soft spot for panda cory's too.

Quite a few corys are a mixture of black n white variations of spots/stripes etc,has mentioned,they are green coloured corys,has well has blacks,the gold lasers tend to be the most striking :)

I would upp the numbers you have,corys of the same species would bring at the mischieve in them and make them alot happier has opposed to one of each.

Planet catfish site has a good list of different types of corys with their names.

or if your like me you can look at harlequins sig and go. Ooh i want some of them and some of them. I even got the same bridge :good:

Gold Stripe's are lovely Cory's, not the cheapest but still lovely.

I had 5 in my current tank, but they didn't survive and im now down to one. Don't know if they are sensitive but I unfortunately lost them to an unknown cause.

James.

I'm looking to stock my tank with a few more Corys. I've already got a peppered cory, a gold laser cory, a sterbai cory and a corydoras trilineatus.

The gold laser is amazing, he's really nice but the other ones are fairly bland looking.

My local LFS said they can order any cory in that I want, but I need to know the latin name. They don't have catalogues unfortunately.

Does any have or know of any colourful corydoras? The gold laser is the most colourful I've seen so far.

Cheers guys,

Chris
I don't support your tactic of keeping only 1 of each species but I'll name you 2 of the most colourful corys. :grr:
1.Corydoras Venezuela Orange
2.Corydoras adolfoi
coryadol.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back