Colour fading or disease?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rachel21

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OK so i have a black male molly who i've had for around 12 months now. when we got him he was quite old - in comparison to my other fish he was like twice the size.

anyway, i noticed last week his tale was looking a bit pore he's a sailfin but it's picked up this week with a bit of treatment.

however, he's had a couple of silver patches on him since we got him but they seem to be getting bigger. and i'm a bit worried. if this a sign of age or is it some sort of disease that i dont know about?

I read some where once that silver patches are a good sign of health, my goldfish has always had a silver patch on him, so wouldn't worry, just keep an eye on him for flicking and rubbing against objects.

i should also add having had a closer look at him i'm thinking he's not actually black. i mean, he's my only male i think and we've had about 20 babies of late. anyway, they keep coming out orange and being as my fish are black or white i figured it was a bit weird. now these silver patches also have a tinge of orange under them.

any chance he was never black to start with? or he is but he had orange parents or something?

It's dosn't sound like anything to worry about, he's getting old so he might be changing colour we go grey as we get older, lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back