Cohabitating raphael catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

J.ham

Reaction score
I have a 125 gallon tank with a large featherfin catfish and a male venustus cichlid in it the cichlid is like 4" long and the featherfin is like 6", i want to put my raphael catfish in there , hes 3 to 4 inches, also debating my common Trinidad pleco going in there hes smaller , like 3 inches maybe 4 and a lil skinny , i am only versed in a few types of cichlids behavior , will the raphael and the pleco hold their own or will they end up an expensive chew toy?

If there are lots of hiding places the catfish should be ok. Venustus are relatively peaceful for a cichlid but they have big mouths. So there is a possibility he will try to eat them :)

If you feed the venustus well and then introduce the catfish, they will look less like a snack and should have time to hide.

If there are lots of hiding places the catfish should be ok. Venustus are relatively peaceful for a cichlid but they have big mouths. So there is a possibility he will try to eat them :)

If you feed the venustus well and then introduce the catfish, they will look less like a snack and should have time to hide.
Thanks thats what i was hoping to hear

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back