Coconut Caves

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BelldandyShanny

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Alright, so I have two coconuts for a cave project.  The ultimate goal is to make something my blue rams will like (and loaches) that I can root some plants into.  What I am looking for are suggestions on final product.  Is it better to make four smaller caves out of halves or two taller ones? or one taller one and two small ones?  I may go for that idea if I can get some good instructions.  I just don't know how much room a pair of rams will need in a cave.  I'm sure the loaches will be happy in anything I put in there.

Any suggestions or pictures are welcome.  Please and thank you!

Oh yes, the tank is a 55 long, plenty of room if that matters.

Whats in those instructions is exactly what i did with my 4 coconuts. It works great. just be sure to boil the coconuts long enough.

oh yeah I planned to boil the heck out of them, just like I did with my driftwood

alrighty, I got one of my coconuts in half (roughly) and will commence the boilage after dinner. Then I shall see about removing some doors.  Yay! progress!

I got my first coconut hut in tank with java fern attached.  I must say it's a big hit, I think every single one of my shrimp is on it or in it. 
balloon.gif

Attachments

• 20131012_230657.jpg
    20131012_230657.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 169

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back