Clown Plec - Change Of Tank, Sudden Change Of Personality?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sadguppy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had a clown plec for about a year. Due to a bad bout of MTS and constantly upgrading and changing tanks, he has lived in a 65litre tank with gravel, guppies, platies and danios, in a 125l with black sand with a variety of community fish including angels, tetra and cories, and a 240 with gravel and a bunch of community fish. All of the tanks were planted and had lots of wood. We never really saw him in any of these tanks!

Due to moving two big male BNs into the 240, we have since moved him into a 200l tank with normal coloured sand, heavily planted, lots of wood etc. Plec-wise, it is home to a much smaller female BN and a young blue phantom plec. The other community fish are the same - a mish mash of odds and sods really - angel, danios, guppies, platies, tetras, pentazona barbs, dwarf chain loaches. He has been in there about two weeks and he now comes out all the time! Any idea why??

Is it likely that he is more confident because of the amount of cover? It isn't that much more than before... Or could it be that he prefers the substrate? Or maybe it is something else?? He has never lived with other plecs before, they don't seem to fight though.

It's crazy, like a different fish entirely! Nice to see though...

Your quite lucky! I started 1 and it wasnt seen so i got 2 more. They only really came out to eat. I the. Got 4 more. They are now always hanging out and scaring me by acting dead or going into most holes lol! May be its happier with the new set up!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back