Cloudy water

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm afraid we can't answer you properly without some more details.

How long has the tank been set up? Is it heated and filtered? What fish do you have? Do you have live or fake plants, and what kind of substrate and decorations are in the tank? Do you test kits for the water? Is your water hard or soft? How often are you doing water changes and how big are they? How do you maintain the filter? Does the cloudiness look white or greenish? How long do you have the lights on for, and does the tank get any direct sun on it?

I'm really sorry for all the questions, but we really need as many details of your tank as possible to get to the root of your problem :)

The tank my tank has been set up for about 9 months, it is heated to around 26-27 Celsius and filtered by a fluval U1 internal filter, i currently have 5 neon tetras 2 gold barbs and 1 albino Corydora, I have one plastic plant and a few other fake decorations, being from Norfolk, the water is usually quite hard, I have been doing 1/3 - 1/2 water changes weekly for the last month however, when I initially got the tank it was in direct sunlight and I suffered badly with green water but I have now been able to angle it out of sunlight and the tank light is on about 9-10 hours.

Thank you for the replies!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back