Cleaning Glass

Robbo85

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

what do you use to clean the glass in your aquarium, I have heard the magnet ones cause scratch's.  

Magnets are fine.just make sure you have no sand etc on it.for the tougher green spot algae you can use a razor.

Hi i use a bristle nose pleco never have to clean my glass .

I generally use a toothbrush and a green scourer pad which does the trick for me.

It's keeping on top of your alage growth thats the trick, cleaning the glass every week as well as preventing the growth by not leaving lights on for too long or in direct sunlight and doing a good 40 - 50% weekly water change all will help.

Rainbow4 said:
Hi i use a bristle nose pleco never have to clean my glass .

Snails, otos, shrimps and plecos etc all do eat a little algae but they should not be relied upon to clean your tank glass, thats up to the aquarist to ensure everything is clean and looked after properly.

thanks for all the answers .

I was just looking at scrapers on amazon and came across these, cant say I trust them too much, has anyone used these?

pure.PNG

I tried them when they first arrived on the market - don't waste your money :) At best they were something for my cories to play with lol

Akasha72 said:
I tried them when they first arrived on the market - don't waste your money
smile.png
At best they were something for my cories to play with lol

Im always sceptical about these types of product, I was never really entertaining buying them until now as its tempting to get them just for my cories to play with
biggrin.png

Snails, otos, shrimps and plecos etc all do eat a little algae but they should not be relied upon to clean your tank glass, thats up to the aquarist to ensure everything is clean and looked after properly.
+1

When I remember to do it I use a plastic scourer.
6pc-15g-plastic-mesh-scourer.jpg_200x200.jpg

And I only clean the front glass, The rest I leave to my snails BN's and shrimp.

Lol, I had a huge algae problem for a while. Then I went to me LFS asking for a snail. The response: "I DO sell them... but you'd probably call me names for selling you one..."

Anyway, I no longer have algae problems. Other than the disgusting snail slime on my glass, Joe cleans everything algae-wise. He's a ramshorn. Oh and yes, very educational too, for I discovered how snails poop.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back