Cichlid hiding!?!?!?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

@thrujenseyes Well, you're not the only one who thought I was a dude. On another forum I have the same name minus the "32" and apparently no one is familiar with Greek mythology, Demeter is a goddess :D Demeter is also the alias of an artist I favored in my early teen years, so I borrowed it ;)
I am not familiar with Greek Mythology although I'd love to dig into as it seems fascinating.
I should have taken the time to google it but in my mind it sounded like "demented" maybe even "demon" and I just kind of put a masculine energy to it.
Goodness. I will not do that again! Ignorance is not bliss. haha
I like that you chose your name that way. It's quite creative.

Anyone know what kind of cichlid this one is....I have 2 of them and I believe the smaller one is being bullied due to missing some of its back fin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 192
blue ramirezi dwarf cichlid, aka blue ram. If it has a pink sheen to its belly then it is female. 2 females might argue if there are insufficient hiding spots.

I believe the smaller is the male he has like a yellow belly? When I first got them they did the whole spin in a circle kissing thing and I never seen the other one bully it however the blue ones are deff bullies!!!! So I’m sitting here watching trying to narrow it down

is the latest picture the electric yellow you got?
if yes then google Labidochromis caeruleus :)

Well the yellow is in there but the dwarf cichlid is who I was trying to snap a pic of lol no I just watched the butterfly cichlid bully the dwarf cichlid!?!?

you need more hiding places for them all. Make lots of caves or put some more driftwood on the bottom to break up territories and help provide visual barriers so they don't see each other as much. More plants will help too but you need more light so try driftwood or rocks first. You can also use clay flower pots put on their side to create a cave.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back