Christmas Decorations For My Fish Tank :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fmervin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Might sound cheesy :unsure: But are there any christmas decorations for a fish tank? I've searched around a bit and couldn't find anything. I am looking for kind of a fibre optic tree thingy which will glow in the dark :) Also some stuff that looks like snow would look really cool. Suggestions anyone :good:

The last time I was in Pets at home they were selling little Christmas trees that light up under the water.. Next time I go back I may pick one up..Think they were around £7 or £8 :good:

Thanks Chelbel and Heather for the info :good:

My LFS sell christmas tree ornaments and santas the are cute
Could you let me know which is your lfs? Perhaps I might have one close to where I live

The last time I was in Pets at home they were selling little Christmas trees that light up under the water.. Next time I go back I may pick one up..Think they were around £7 or £8 :good:
This is great, I have a pets at home pretty close to where I live so I guess I'll visit them and see if they stock it :)

Any suggestions on the "snow" like stuff? Should be easily removable though, would look tacky after Christmas :rolleyes:

Any suggestions on the "snow" like stuff? Should be easily removable though, would look tacky after Christmas :rolleyes:

How about a carpet of filter wool, it deffiantly wont harm the fish. The stuff i have came quite cheaply from Pets at home and you should be able to spread it out thinly to cover the bottom of the tank... it might need holding down with some stones but will look a bit like snow.

Or you could use the fake snow window spray on the outside of the tank. Just be careful not to get it in the water, i doubt the fish will like it.

Or you could use the fake snow window spray on the outside of the tank. Just be careful not to get it in the water, i doubt the fish will like it.

I would be careful spraying aerosols near the tank though. Even some of the scented candles the missus bought had warnings about them being too close to aquatic life.

Squid

Just what I was going to say re aerosol sprays! Too risky imho...just stick some cotton wool to the tank if you have to make it look snowed in...double sided tape...et voila!

No decos on my tanks though.. I save that for the tree :D

Great idea, thanks everyone :good: I guess some fluffy white filter wool and a christmas tree should take make my lil fishies feel part of the Christmas celebrations :) I'll try and post some pics if all goes to plan

i'm tempted to get some mini LED lights for my tank.....pretty up my fishes (if that's possible)

I add snow to my tank to give it a xmas feel, but be ready to knit little hats and gloves for the fish because it gets very cold.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back