Chinese Algae Eater

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

becketlady

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, 

I just knoticed the a.eater chasing and digging under the air filter toward the catfish
ohmy.png
. What can the a.eater do to the catfish? 
sad2.gif
He maybe getting aggressive as he is a little bigger then the catfish. 
I am curious
blink.png
noexpression.gif
 . Thanks Becketlady

The CAE can attach itself to other fish and cause sores and ulcers, or it might kill it.

There won't be anything you can do to stop it, apart from separating them.

I would go so far as to say the CAE WILL do those things. Given time and size it's in it's nature to do so.

eek......then I will have to move the catfish to another tank. thanks

Yes I had a cae and did everything fluttermoth said he was big almost 6 inches so I sold him to the fishtstore bc I learned he was  only going to get worse... and bigger! My poor corys were hiding all the time and he constantly attacked them :( . Like I said he's somewhere else now, and my kitties (XD) are doing great 1 year later, and have even bred (unsuccessfully) 3 times! Fortunately he didn't go after anyone else In the tank although he chose the entire bottom half of the tank 

becketlady said:
eek......then I will have to move the catfish to another tank. thanks
I'd leave the cat and trade in the CAE myself. I've had experience with one and it wasn't good. He went back to the LFS for store credit.

Mine went straight back to lfs after 3 months of owning, not a nice fish to have in a tank, it's just their nature :/

+1 for the bad experience with the CAE. I loved it when it was little and then it kept getting bigger and meaner. I was very glad to take him to the LFS!

Love the yellow fish....so beautiful.....tempting to get one. Ugh...nooooooooo. I have enough headaches. lol
anyway, yes the CAE is cute when little and its already about apprx. 4" long. I got it to help eat the algae in the tank. 
I may have to ask Petco if i can exchange the fish. I hope i can.
noexpression.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back