Cherry Shrimp. Will The Babies Survive.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

xtreme2100

Reaction score
I've read a lot of information on the web about my new cherry shrimp that has lead me to removing all ornaments from my aquarium to catch some Yo-Yo loaches that were very elusive. From reading forums i learned that shrimp are part of their diet in the wild and since i hope my cherry shrimp babies to survive i removed them. They now reside in my brothers tank. At the moment I have a betta, dwarf gourami and 2 small plecs in my 150l tank that has plastic plants and 5 large lava rocks with holes all over them. I have ten red cherry shrimp 6 females and 4 males. I just want to know how likely it is since i have kept fish to a low that my baby cherry shrimp will live to see adulthood or will the betta and dwarf gourami sniff them out.
This is something that i cannot seem to find anyware on the web is whether cherry shrimp babies are elusive from predators themselves if given cover or if they will wait there and get sucked up by my low moving betta. I have also taken the precaution of covering my filter with nylon to prevent any babies being sucked up by the filter.

Most of them will get eaten, I put baby shrimp with some baby guppies and they had a snack

Most of them will get eaten, I put baby shrimp with some baby guppies and they had a snack
Even with all the cover are they fast or elusive in anyway my tank looks empty and due to the amount of cover i hardly see any of the cherry shrimp either apart from when there swimming about. The gourami and betta are not interested in the adults but am worried about my babies I dnt what to remove all fish. Just but in some java moss today for even more cover.

Well I had them before they all stay together so once a fish sees them feeding time, if you want good survival separate them

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back