Cherry Barbs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BelldandyShanny

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok, so I just added six cherry barbs to my community tank, 3 male, 3 female, is this a good number and ratio? or should I add more or specifically male or female?  It's a 55 gallon long currently housing 6 guppies, 2 gbr, 1 bn pleco, 1 dojo loach, 2 kuhli loaches, and 4 yoyo loaches, and 2 sae.

So far the males (cherry barbs) seem to chase eachother around a bit, which I expect is normal. Just didn't know if I should add a few more or if there is an optimal number.

The numbers are fine.  Males will always be looking to get a bit more of the female's attention... Adding more is never a bad idea, but its a good number already.

probably just treat it like I do with my guppies and try and make sure there's a couple more girls than boys, just for fun

Sounds good to me, though am sure they won't mind you adding some more females. I think both are quite pretty :) Care to share some pictures?

Also, being nosy/concerned..are you going to be adding any more khuli loaches?

well I hadn't planned on adding more, but I can, they are affordable enough if you think it's a good idea, they seem to play quite happily with the dojo

BelldandyShanny said:
well I hadn't planned on adding more, but I can, they are affordable enough if you think it's a good idea, they seem to play quite happily with the dojo
They should be kept in groups of 6+, can be pretty shy..glad yours are out and about but yeah i think it'd be good if you upped their numbers :)

I see em all the time, crazy little buggers, but I think they're cute so I certainly wouldn't mind a few more. I just don't want to max out the bottom of my tank, I do have sand and many caves and plants so I'm sure it'll work out

I have all males and they're alway chasing each other trying to be the boss but they can't really do each other much harm especially in a 55 G they have plenty of room to run and hide or rest

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back