FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
A friend just gave me  one of these.
11ujb6t.jpg

I know it's a catfish, What sort? It is some 3 to 4 cm long and it lived with a betta and a few guppies.  It needs a home. It's name is Linux.
He is bound for my Betta tank.  The guy is moving and cant take the catfish with him.

Ok this fish keeping started with some guppies, then I got a Betta, then some shrimp, then some snails, now I own a catfish. And this is all before I start stocking the 100 gal tank.

@ Admin and moderators.

You need to put a warning message on the site when people join.
Danger this hobby is addictive, No matter what you do you will end up with more fish and tanks than you bargained for.

Looks like a Synodontis Multipunctatus. Nice looking catfish.

aww he's a cute lil guy :D 

Yes, we need a warning! It is addictive! the only thing that stops me having several tanks is a severe lack of space! I need to move somewhere bigger so I can have more fishes :D

I know I shouldnt put the fish straight into my tank but I do not have a quarantine tank.

Anyway after putting the bag in the tank to even out the water temp, adding some water from my tank to the water in the bag, meanwhile Microsoft ( My betta ) paid close attention to all this. I finally put Linux ( the catfish ) in the tank,  Microsoft looked it over decided it wasn't Yum Yum's ( food ) and proceeded to ignore it by swimming away and looking cute in the hope of some brine shrimp, And I gave him a few, Linux cleaned up any leftovers quick smart.

So all is good in fishy world.

I had a multipunctatus X featherfin catfish hybrid before they grow pretty fast mine reached 6.5 inches but theyre mouth stay small so your betta is maybe safe :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back