Capping Roma 240 pre-drilled holes?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BecksterRose

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a second hand Roma 240 as an upgrade fromy 120l. I didn't realise that it had pre-drilled bottom holes but had driven a fair distance and it was a steal of a price so brought it home anyway.
Does anyone know if you can buy the caps for the fluvial Roma 240 from anywhere. I hear the 306 filter isn't great, and costs a lot to run and was going to try out a friend's spare canister filter to start with. Then I would like the possibility of using what ever External filter I see best...
But obviously I need to cap the holes off first.
Thanks for reading!

I don't think so, not that I have seen anyway. Can you see the holes? Easy to rig a cover plate up but it wont look pretty

i dont understand why people do this. it only ever causes trouble later on. and essentially can ruin a fish tank and whatever is near it

The Fluval Romas are made with holes drilled in them to connect their external filters.

Yes they are pre drilled but you can only connect fluvial external filters which doesn't leave as many options. I wandered of there was a good place to get tank plumbing from and if anyone else had managed it successfully?

Attachments

• IMG_20170930_165711.jpg
    IMG_20170930_165711.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_20170930_165735.jpg
    IMG_20170930_165735.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 884
Circle of silicone sealant and a bit of suitable glass, or another suitable material.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back