Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't decide which Fluval Edge to go with? 6gal or 12gal?

Discussion in 'Fresh & Planted Nano Tanks' started by FishTankEnthusiast, Aug 26, 2017.

1. FishTankEnthusiast

FishTankEnthusiast New Member

I am downsizing from goldfish. My apartment is small and I'm tired of having all of these massive tanks in the house. Also I am about to start a new job and I won't have as much time anymore. etc. etc.

Anyways, I would like to have just one nano tank with shrimp. Start out with cherries but move on to crystal reds eventually. I am not at all experienced with shrimp.

I have pretty much decided on the Fluval Edge, but can't decide if I should do the smaller or larger one. The spot that I want to keep it in could handle either size, but if I ever wanted to move it to a different spot then it would probably be advantageous to have the smaller one. But I know that larger bodies of water are easier to handle, and if I ever got tired of shrimp and wanted something else, the larger tank would be better.

I'm not too concerned about the price difference as I am selling all my other junk to fund this adventure and I would rather just spend the money to get what I will be happy with.

What do you think? Smaller or larger one?

2. fluttermoth

fluttermoth The current Mrs Treguard ;)
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator

Go larger. Shrimps are quite sensitive to fluctuating water conditions; they really don't like big changes so, even though they can live in small volumes, bigger is still better :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1