Canary Chick

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

irodri25

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I have an 11 Day canary baby he is the joy of my life. He/she thinks I am its mommy I already named it Chester (my boyfriend picked it) and I've been hand feeding him for about two days... If anybody has any special care tips on this little guy please let me know.

Love to see a pic :) they look so funny when they are young, then grow to beautiful birds :D how exciting!

Good luck!

Awww...sounds adorable.  I second the pics.  I only have experience raising and hand feeding Cockatiel chicks.  So honestly, not sure how Canaries differ from them as some birds do require different care.  Was little one pulled for a reason?  I always kept a small stuffed animal in with them to cuddle with and just make sure they are good and warm but not too hot!  What are you using to feed the babe?  And how often?  Do you have a gram scale to weigh the babe to gauge if they are getting enough to eat?  If you have never hand fed before just watch how you feed them so they don't aspirate and keep an eye out for sour crop.  I assume these guidelines should go for Canaries as well.  Let us know how things are going!  :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back