What's new

Can we fix problem of curly ventral fins in next generation?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got HM male betta. His form and other finnage are nice but his ventral fins are curled at its half length.
If i use this male with HM female then will their fry get normal ventral fins?

If the male has curly fins from his genetics, then he will pass that trait onto his young.

If the female has the same trait then all the young will have it. However, if the female does not have the genetic trait, then some of the young will have it and some won't.

His form and other finnage are nice but his ventral fins are curled
His form and finage are not nice if you can see problems, If its genetic then sounds like a low grade fish that should have been culled and should NOT be bred, why produce more fish with a genetic flaw?

Last edited:
If the male has curly fins from his genetics, then he will pass that trait onto his young.

If the female has the same trait then all the young will have it. However, if the female does not have the genetic trait, then some of the young will have it and some won't.
Yes female has straight ventral fins.
I dont know if curly trait is dominant or not. May be 50% fry will have curly fins.

His form and finage are not nice if you can see problems, If its genetic then sounds like a low grade fish that should have been culled and should NOT be bred, why produce more fish with a genetic flaw?
I haven't bred them yet. When you will say breed them then ill breed them

I wouldn’t breed a bad trait back. I have a beautiful female calico but she has a curled Gill plate. She is fine but I remove her during breeding season so as not to pass the gene on to future generations. We are somewhat responsible for what future generations develop into. Find a better male for breeding purposes and enjoy your current one as a pet.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back