Can someone help me identify this disease?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I look at the Tetra in your photo and see ICH as one of the things wrong with it.

It also looks bloated.

Personally I think it is a different protozoa than Ich. I'd go the med-way instead of temp.
The Corys look a bit skinny amd having reddish gill-gillaereas. Or is it the pic?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Personally I think it is a different protozoa than Ich. I'd go the med-way instead of temp.
The Corys look a bit skinny amd having reddish gill-gillaereas. Or is it the pic?

Yes, the Cory with the issue is a little skinnier than the rest. He has always been the runt of my 6, but I think the pic makes it look worse. I think the red is from the picture as well. When I just look at them they look ok.

I'm going to treat with lifeguard to cover al the bases. I want to nip this in the bid before I lose any fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the Cory with the issue is a little skinnier than the rest. He has always been the runt of my 6, but I think the pic makes it look worse. I think the red is from the picture as well. When I just look at them they look ok.

I'm going to treat with lifeguard to cover al the bases. I want to nip this in the bid before I lose any fish.

Okay!!! Fingers crossed

I guess my concern is that it isn't Ich, and I'm not sure treating with salt is with the risk to my cories if I'm not sure it's going to work.

Salt will not harm cories at the level and duration I previously explained in detail. This works for most parasites. You can read this from every reliable source.

Products like "lifeguard" rarely work (it's like take an aspirin when you're "sick" without knowing what it is) and they do stress fish. Fish already under stress from the parasite will only get worse.

There is no medication that will "cover all the bases" because they are too general. This is why disease treatment is so risky with fish; one has to ID the disease fairly accurately.

One thing about salt is its effectiveness unlike any other "medication" with parasitic issues, according to Neale Monks and other sources. I tend to trust these over anyone's opinions.

Last edited:
Salt will not harm cories at the level and duration I previously explained in detail. This works for most parasites. You can read this from every reliable source.

I should have clarified. The risk being that it is not treating the right disease, and I let it get worse.

you say this often...
I guess a reliable source is only something you agree with lol

"The truth is still the truth even if no one believes it, and error is still error even if everyone believes it." (Bp Fulton Sheen)

"The truth is still the truth even if no one believes it, and error is still error even if everyone believes it." (Bp Fulton Sheen)
I believe you have made an error then sir ;)

I'm very sad to say that my panda Cory didn't make it. My tetras, however, all seem to have made a full recovery which is very good.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back