Can someone help me identify this disease?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ElizabethFrancine

Reaction score
Sorry the pic isn't great, but could someone tell me if this so Ich or a fungus? How does one treat fungus?
1a0c53168ac9a412017c17c03a97553d.jpg
a7b03cb178fcfaad7e64444b97418215.jpg

This seems to be affecting only one fish. I just saw another fish swim up and nip at the side of this fish too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The photos look more like whitespot, but I would expect more fish to be affected with that.

You can see the fish, do the white spots look as though salt has been shaken onto the fish?

PH is 7
0 Ammonia
0 Nitrite
2 Nitrate
GH/KH 80ish

I think it is white spot too. I now see a couple spots on a couple of the other fish. I've raised the temperature for now. I have Corys, so I want to avoid the store's Ick treatment in a bottle. Should I add salt?

Raise heat and do fifty percent water changes twice a week until it goes away. You don't need to treat most "injuries" or infections, as its mostly a sign of bad water quality. From Then on do fifty percent WC's a week until the tank is dismantled.

I don't think it's white spot now. It does look a little fuzzy, and I see one of my Corys fins is affected.
93e7e1047dbb981ffd95d0989281ea9d.jpg
. Could it be fungus?

Raise heat and do fifty percent water changes twice a week until it goes away. You don't need to treat most "injuries" or infections, as its mostly a sign of bad water quality. From Then on do fifty percent WC's a week until the tank is dismantled.

What could be causing the bad water quality? Every week I diligently do a 30-40% water change, vacuum and check the water levels for ammonia, nitrate,PH, etc. The tetras and snail are a recent addition, and I have a few live plants as well.

Edit: finding out usually comes with time but idk. what filtration are you using on what size tank again?

hm... Yea idk, what filter media are you using and how often do you clean it(them)?

hm... Yea idk, what filter media are you using and how often do you clean it(them)?

I just buy the media that is premade for the filter. I change the every 3-4 months. Did so a couple weeks ago.

is this the filter just to clarify?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SP65OC/?tag=ff0d01-20
If so don't use charcoal in the filter... Use a Bio Sponge which is sold almost every LFS. And Filter Floss. I have never changed my bio sponge, as it collects the beneficial bacteria to destroy ammonia and nitrites, etc. Filter Floss is just an aesthetic cleaner.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
is this the filter just to clarify?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SP65OC/?tag=ff0d01-20
If so don't use charcoal in the filter... Use a Bio Sponge which is sold almost every LFS. And Filter Floss. I have never changed my bio sponge, as it collects the beneficial bacteria to destroy ammonia and nitrites, etc. Filter Floss is just an aesthetic cleaner.

Yes it is. Are you suggesting this while I treat the tank only?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back