Can molly female breed with 2 molly males or swordtail at a time?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My black molly gave birth 11 fries (two of them gold dust, 2 dark orange with black tail and remaining faint orange)
Can one molly give birth to fry of two males at same time?
I have one gold dust male and one faint orange male. And there is swordtail also. Dark orange fry looks like swordtail's colour.
Some said black molly and swordtail can breed together and some says its impossible.

Mollies and swordtails cannot interbreed because they are in different genuses. Even fish in the same genus cannot always interbreed.

If you've had the female molly less than 6 months, she could be using sperm from a male she mated with at the shop.

I
Mollies and swordtails cannot interbreed because they are in different genuses. Even fish in the same genus cannot always interbreed.

If you've had the female molly less than 6 months, she could be using sperm from a male she mated with at the shop.
In shop she was kept with gold dust,black males. She gave birth 40 fries about a 1.5 month ago and those fry are gold dust and black. This time she gave birth 11 fries and those are in 2 gold dust , 2 dark orange, other orange coloured

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back