Can I Use This Submersible Pump To Pump Water In/Out?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jarthel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's the product link: http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/pumps-power-heads/power-heads/submersible-pump-1600l/h/prod_368.html

Here's what I intend to do.

1. submerge pump in tank
2. put hose into pump outlet
3. drain water
4. put other end of tube of pre-heated water with all the necessary chemicals added (prime, npk, trace and etc)
5. put hose into pump inlet
6. fill tank

thank you very much :)

Obviously just make sure that when you pump the water out, the water level does not fall below the pump inlet level (running the pump dry).... I drain my ponds in the same way. & then refill via an overflow tank (drum)where the (conditioned) fresh water is poured in.

Obviously just make sure that when you pump the water out, the water level does not fall below the pump inlet level (running the pump dry).... I drain my ponds in the same way. & then refill via an overflow tank (drum)where the (conditioned) fresh water is poured in.

I maybe dumb but does that mean I can use the pump for my needs? you didn't actually said "yes". that's all.

thanks again :)

Yes, you can use it as long as you do not allow the water level to sink to below the pump inlet.

"2.5m Max Head Height"

As long as your tank is not more than 2.5 meters above the water source it should work great. The further it will have to pump water vertically the slower the rate.

I would be lost without the few pumps of various sizes I use for water changes. I run everything from a small powerhead with some tubing for fry tanks to a submersible 1400gph pump in a tub to move water from the fishroom on out to my main sump pump. All the pumps cost less than one visit to the doctor for my back, more than worth the money.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back