Can I Keep Red Cherry Shrimp With...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

skink_boy

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys can I keep red cherry shrimp with an albino corydora a rainbow shark a bristle nose and a balloon moly with java moss

The rainbow shark will eat cherry shrimp.

As I've said on one of your other threads, your corydoras needs company before you think about adding anything else to your tank. They are very social fish, and should always be kept in groups of at least six of the same species
smile.png

I agree with fluttermoth - firstly get more albino corys, and secondly, the shark will eat the cherries.  The only shrimp mine doesn't eat are ghost shrimp - because my tank is planted and he usually doesn't see them

Tanks to small for six will two do? My shark Is very small

skink_boy said:

What size is your tank?

If you do not know, you can simply give the dimensions / measurements on here, the volume can be worked out easily using this forum's calculator.

And  Rainbow Sharks do not stay small, you probably have a juvenile shark which still has a lot of growing to do. They grow to about 5 - 6 inches and can be agressive as they grow older, especially to other sharks or similar looking fish species.
So if you have a suitable sized tank, about 4 foot long, then you're probably best with just one Rainbow Shark.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/epalzeorhynchos-frenatum/

And yes, they will eat cherry shrimps.....

skink_boy said:
I think we're all worrying about your tank size now
confused.gif

Both the bristlenose and the shark grow quite big and bulky, and should be in tanks around the four foot/150l mark. If your tank is smaller than that, you're going to have to either think about upgrading or rehoming some of your fish, as they will become unhealthy if they stay in a tank that's too small for them.

fluttermoth said:
I think we're all worrying about your tank size now :/Both the bristlenose and the shark grow quite big and bulky, and should be in tanks around the four foot/150l mark. If your tank is smaller than that, you're going to have to either think about upgrading or rehoming some of your fish, as they will become unhealthy if they stay in a tank that's too small for them.
I have kept the bristlenose for four years without any probs shark quite a recent addition the tank size is fine is just I can't keep 7 catfish in one tank

So, how big is the tank?

If it's not big enough for a proper shoal of corydoras, then you should, in their own best interests, think about rehoming your one.

And a tank that's big enough for both a bristlenose and a rainbow shark should be big enough for a group of corys, especially if the only fish you have are the ones listed in your OP.

I'm sorry if we're sounding judgemental, but our first priority on this forum is fish welfare, not the feelings of their owners!

So no to the shrimp thing what about crayfish flutter moth I only have 5 hiding spots one is taken up by my shark and the Cory the other to the bristlenose and my mum won't let me

No, you can't really keep crayfish with fish, I'm afraid
confused.gif
As we often say here, pincers and fins don't mix.

I do appreciate how difficult things can be with parents, but if you post a new thread with your tank size, and whether your water is hard or soft, we can help you come up with a decent stocking plan
smile.png

Thanks for all the answears by the way what do you mean by hard or soft I can post the tank size this afternoon

There are two maim types of water.

Hard water has a lot of minerals dissolved into it. Soft water has very few minerals dissolved into it.

It's best to keep fish in the same kind of water they evolved to live in. Then they'll live longer and be more healthy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back