Can I Feed My Tropical Fish Goldfish Pellets

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

boy1dr

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was okay for me to feed goldfish pellets to my assortment of tropical fish?

I have gourami, florescent fish, plecostamus (sorry 'bout the spelling), catfish, and glo-fish

Should be fine, just make sure you crush the pellets a little so that the fish don't choke on them, and make sure you don't over-feed the fish.

No worries :) . I've compared the ingredients and nutritional content of many goldfish and tropical fish foods together and there is rarely much of a difference between them :) .

It's funny. My brother has a tank of community fish (live bearers -mollys/guppies-, neon tetras, cory cats) and his started kit came with only sample foods, so once he noticed that goldfish flakes were cheaper in the store and he ran out of both the tropical flakes and the goldfish flakes sample packs, he cheaped out and bought the goldfish flakes and has always fed his tank them lol.

And his tanks full of healthy fish :)

Processed foods are highly balanced for specific dietary needs, but as said above, it's all pretty much the same stuff in varying quantities. I've fed goldfish food in a pinch. Might not be ideal all the time, but I can't see it hurting occasionally.

I also feed betta food to my community occasionally, since it would take me years to go through this bottle with just my betta.

Most reactions

trending

Back