Can I Dose 4 Times On Imagitarium Parasite Remedy??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

andy36yr19

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought imagitarium parasite remedy to control ick and it says to dose every other day for 3 doses. It's been three doses and I dont know if it's safe to dose more than what it says. Dont get me wrong but most of the ick is gone but it's still there and I also raised the temp to 80f because it's a planted with a betta and other fish. I cant do salt because it will kill my plants. HELP!!

I cant do salt because it will kill my plants. HELP!!
Actually no it wont.

To control Ich all you need to do is raise the water temp to 30c ( 86f ).

Either do a 75-90% water change and gravel clean the substrate, then increase the temperature to 30C and keep it there for 2 weeks. Clean the filter before increasing the temp and increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise the oxygen in the water.

--------------------
If you want to continue using the medication then Yes you can continue treatment and in fact you should keep treating the tank until all of the spots have been gone for 3-4 days (depending on temperature).

If you stop treating while there is 1 spot on any fish, the parasites will reappear on the fish and you will have to start again, so continue treatment (using chemicals or heat) until all the spots have been gone for at least 3 days.

There is more info on whitespot and treatments at the following link. The first post on page 1 and second post on page 2 are worth reading.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-is-ich.7092/page-2

In most cases medication is a waste of money.

At 30C (86F)Ich will not reproduce
At 32C (89.5F) the parasite will die

Several fish will also die or be severely stressed at 89 degrees Fahrenheit...
Including Panda Cory, Neon tetra.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back