Can Anyone Recommend An Aquarium?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dwiles

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a new aquarium to put on my worktop. It needs to be (approximately) 75cm wide, 45/50cm deep, 45cm tall.

Does anyone know an aquarium that roughly meets this specification? The height is the main thing, I wouldn't like the height any taller than 45cm as it will make maintenance hard. If anyone has any that come to mind or recommendations that would be great!

Thanks, much appreciated. 

The closest I can think of is a 40 gallon breeder. I just measured my tank. 92 cm long, 46 cm front to back & 43cm high. That includes the frame

I recently acquired a secondhand 115 litre (25.29 Imperial gallons) tank with the dimensions 74x39x40.

No brand visible, but searching by the volume capacity of the dimensions you want might make one with similar measurements to what you want show up?

There are a few options / manufacturers who have several sized standard tanks that would meet your required length of 75 cm, in fact one of my tank is 75 x 30 x 40 and thats from Clearseal, I bought this tank second hand at a very cheap price.

Of course, your budget will be a big factor in this, obviously second hand is much cheaper and generally using your common sense will get you a fairly decent tank as long as you know what to look out for. New tanks will be undoubtly be more expensive, and you may also need a tank stand, so be sure have factored that into your budget. I'd recomend you have a tank stand rather than using furnitures such as chest of drawers or sideboard unless you know that will cope with the extra weight (tank with water, substrate, decor, plants and fish may be heavier than you realise).

But there are companies that can make custom tanks to your requirements and actually not that expensive, in fact, pretty much at competitive prices. ND Aquatics is one such company and has a decent rep, only drawback really is the delivery costs which starts from £35 if remember right. I knwo of a couple of members from here who have ordered tanks from them and have been impressed buy the quaility of the build of their tanks.

http://ndaquatics.co.uk/

Pretty much a  case of shopping around and finding what may suit you best. Of course a few members from here will give you their preferences of tank makers which will help you in your research
smile.png

I really appreciate all the help guys thanks very much! This forum has been nothing but quality, I think I genuinely will be getting that aqua one opti, just what I was after! Thanks again, will be posting a tank journal soon :)

I have seen this tank in chain store Pets at Home, looks decent enough but for me, the quaility is just not quite there, especially with the led light and being an open tank, you have to check your stocking options not to get notorious jumper fish species.

I'd advise you to go to your local P@H and check it out before you commit to buy one of these.

A very aesthetically looking tank and stand though.

If there's no lid you can buy some clips and get glass made up - your LFS may be able to help you do this.

Far_King said:
If there's no lid you can buy some clips and get glass made up - your LFS may be able to help you do this.

Indeed thats certainly one option.

In fact I think they do now have lids on those, glass lid with plastic edge clips like they have on aquaone tanks now I come to think of it. Not 100% sure on that though, certainly worth checking anyway to be sure.

Yeah Aquaone do fit a lot of those lids with the plastic edging.  I've not seen them sell a tank without a lid, but that doesn't mean to say I've seen one of the models I linked above.  The link doesn't specify whether one is included or not.

I'd definitely recommend checking one out in person regardless.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back