Zimmit12

Reaction score
IMG_1410.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1410.JPG
IMG_1410.JPG
I had a cat fish and it kept eatting my fish so have now removed him but some fish fins have been attacked so can not tell sex also the last pic could you tell me sex of both? One is always chasing the other one thanks in advance x

Sorry the photo with 2 fish in could you please tell me the sex and if pregnant please x

Sorry the photo with 2 fish in could you please tell me the sex and if pregnant please x
I don't know diddly squat about guppies but sexing mollies and platys is easy as pie. Males will have straight anal fins parallel to their bodies and females will have "fans" or flared fins near theirs. Make sure the fish are holding still and not swimming back and forth when you determine as females clench these fanned fins when moving and it can be tricky to be 110% sure. Here is a picture.

tropicalfish010.jpg

A guppies gravid spot will turn a light color of pink when the eggs have been formed and are close to dropping their fry.

A guppies gravid spot will turn a light color of pink when the eggs have been formed and are close to dropping their fry.

It is my understanding that the gravid spot darkens as they get closer to birth....? Is it different with guppies vs other live bearers?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back