• Thread starter Deleted member 107737
  • Start date

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

D

Deleted member 107737

Hi All,

Cant sleep at night. F***ing filter I cant take it anymore. LOL. Im going to have a nervous breakdown.

Please listen and tell me what you think. Ive uploaded it to Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPfQIcN_K1k&feature=youtu.be

Its a Aqua One Aquid 750 Canister Filter second hand and the buzzing is putting my fish keeping dreams in jeperdy.

Thanks,

Dave

impeller rattle. Make sure the cannister is level and has no air in it. If thats all OK remove the impeller and check for damage to the magnet, shaft and mounts. Also clean the impeller chamber. If you have the manual for the filter check how the impeller is fitted in case there are any bushes or spacers missing.

Also note to check all trays are fitted in the right way. Tilt filter left and right to remove air pockets. Reprime a few extra times.

i second that. no doubt its the impeller it sounds like trapped air because the sound is so crisp and isnt travelling through water top get to your ears. check and clean the impeller. re prime your filter correctly and shake out the trapped air. once you have performed all necessary steps and the noise doesnt stop replace your impeller/shaft ect.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back