Buzzing Filter pump

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

NanaWells

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hello I just put up my new 15g tank itā€™s a Fluval Flex 15 the filter pump has quite a loud buzz to it how can I stop the buzz if I can hear it canā€™t my Betta hear it even more ?

Most likely the cable vibrating against the lid. If you can't move it use some sponge to pad it.

Tried that didnā€™t make a bit of difference doesnā€™t sound like that kind of buzz anyway but itā€™s loud as you can see itā€™s keeping me up

Some have said it's quieter of you make sure the pump is attached to the base of the tank using the rubber suckers. I replaced my pump with an eheim 300 to reduce flow and noise. For a betta you may be better off with a simple sponge filter

I got rid of the HOB filter that came with my Top Fin 5.5 due to the current and mechanical vibrations bothering my Betta fish. I went and got a Tetra Whisper 10 air pump, some airline tubing, a 2-way gang valve and made my own custom sponge/bio-media filters for both my 5.5 and 2.5 gallon Betta tanks.

They both run off the same pump using the two way valve. Both airline outputs have valve controls to control the air flow. Both are made using small glass containers are perfectly noiseless, transparent and unobtrusive.

5.5 gallon tank

2.5 gallon tank

Sound as there may be air trapped inside the filter somewhere.

Try and see if you can dislodge the air bubble thatā€™s trapped by shaking the filter a little bit or taking it apart and reads long it again.

Some filters do make a noise when thereā€™s air trapped somewhere and makes an annoying noise.

I have had this on several filters in the past and just a case of finding a way to dislodge the air bubble, when you do water changes in future, am sure youā€™ll find a way to prime the filter more to ensure no air gets trapped.

Basically a case of trail and error until you find a method that stops the air getting trapped.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back