Bumpy Or Not Bumpy - That Is The Question!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

**sarahp**

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have started to collect all the things I'm going to need for my new betta
yay.gif

I have plants and a sponge filter in the main tank collecting a film of lovely, helpful bacteria.  Chalkboard paint on its way to paint the back of the tank. Tank bought!

BUT - I have a question.  I intended to attach java fern and anubias to bits of wood but I have a conflict.  I have read somewhere that the plants need to be attached to things that are not completely smooth so that the roots can attach.  But I've also read that anything that would snag a pair of nylon tights will also snag a betta's fins.  So what to do
Dunno.gif
I'm loathe to put anything in the tank that will not be good for the betta as he is the most important but will plants attach to smooth rocks??

I have java fern and anubias in all my tank. The majority is attached to wood though, I've never tried attaching it to rocks. But in my betta's tank I have a half terracotta plantpot cave and java fern does attach to that.
I also have a piece of wood with anubias attached in the betta's tank and his fins are still perfect 18 months after I bought him. If you can find a smoothish piece of wood, that would be OK with a betta. By smoothish I mean with no sharp spikey bits.

Thanks for that - I reckon if it will attach to a terracota pot it will attach to rocks. 

I will give it a shot and see what happens!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back