Bubbling

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bowling_Fleury

Reaction score
Okay, I got problems. My one Betta Twilight, brand-new male, is really slow at building his nest. The fastest he ever built it was a period when the prospective mate jumped out of the tank and he was alone for several days. Since I got another female he's been very slow, even occasionally racing around by the surface and breaking it apart! Wtf?

Also, my old male Sailor, (a very very good father) has not been really making a nest. (His mate died and since he's been laying on the bottom of the tank all depressed.) I got him a new female too but he's just so far accomplished a bubble ring... Both females are packin' and restless and I really want more babies. What can I do to get these fishies in the mood?

Do you ever use indian almond leaves? the tannins they leak simulate the bettas natural habitat and help stimulate breeding

Okay, I got problems. My one Betta Twilight, brand-new male, is really slow at building his nest. The fastest he ever built it was a period when the prospective mate jumped out of the tank and he was alone for several days. Since I got another female he's been very slow, even occasionally racing around by the surface and breaking it apart! Wtf?

Also, my old male Sailor, (a very very good father) has not been really making a nest. (His mate died and since he's been laying on the bottom of the tank all depressed.) I got him a new female too but he's just so far accomplished a bubble ring... Both females are packin' and restless and I really want more babies. What can I do to get these fishies in the mood?

You dont mean to say that you keep the males and females together 24/7 do you? Your wording is alittle confusing there and Id just like to clarify to make sure and to help other people out.

No, although I kept Sailor with Pearl before she died and they never ever fought and it was really sweet. They just drifted together by the surface mostly. (That's before anyone ever told me different... but now I believe it depends on how much the Bettas love each other. Her death was unrelated to Sailor and related to a cat.) The couples are in bowls side by side so they can see each other.

Haven't tried the leaves but keep in mind I live in the middle of nowhere... the biggest city within 6 hours of here doesn't even have a pet store that carries vinegar eels! Is it a rare product, these leaves? I'm willing to pay the price.

No, although I kept Sailor with Pearl before she died and they never ever fought and it was really sweet. They just drifted together by the surface mostly. (That's before anyone ever told me different... but now I believe it depends on how much the Bettas love each other. Her death was unrelated to Sailor and related to a cat.) The couples are in bowls side by side so they can see each other.

Haven't tried the leaves but keep in mind I live in the middle of nowhere... the biggest city within 6 hours of here doesn't even have a pet store that carries vinegar eels! Is it a rare product, these leaves? I'm willing to pay the price.

I bought them off of Aquabid from some dude in thailand, for like 3 USD. They came really fast... try that?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back