Bubble wall

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FloridaFishGuy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have an idea of making a DIY bubble wall. My idea is getting a small 1/2 inch pvc and putting 2 end caps on. Then cut a hole in 1 for the air tubing to go in. Then i would drill tiny holes along to pvc for the bubbles to come out of.

Do you all think this will work? And if there are any ideas of how to make it better would be great!

As long as the holes are small enough and you have enough air pressure to prevent water from running into the pipe, because if not, the air would all come out of the easiest way out.....being the first hole and that's it!

Actual air stone bubblewalls are really cheap anyway!

A nice thought.....But, the larger the air holes, the more noise the bubbles will make. Found this out when my bubble bar got clogged and someone told me to just poke pin holes in it........Almost, drove us crazy. Kept us awake all night!

the easyest way is to simply poke holes in a length of airline with a needle. you will have to make a lot of holes because they will only be small. alternativly cut into it with some scissors being careful not to make the hoes to big.

One of the problems with using a piece of ABS is the pipe isn't heavy enough and will float to the surface because of the extra air trapped inside. You would have to glue rocks inside to hold the pipe down.

One of the problems with using a piece of ABS is the pipe isn't heavy enough and will float to the surface because of the ex

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back