Brown on Anubias leaves...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bgraber

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Howdy, about 4 days after introducing this Anubias plant into my aquarium, the top leaf started showing this brownish "stuff" that I just found out rubs off.. THis is obviously some sort of algae or fungus. I have a pic and am looking for somewhere to host it.. I'll post it as soon as I figure it out.. Any ideas on the brown stuff? Kinda spotty on the one leave, pretty solid on the other ones.
*EDIT* pics here http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bsgraber/...ias.jpg&.view=t
Check out tha dawg while yer there! Anyone know what kind she is?

Answered my question.. I'm pretty sure it's algae.. Tank is cycling. I think I'm going to get another buld to replace my flourescent and a few more plants.. I love the look of the plants.. I've wanted a garden for sooo long ;)

you prob suffer from the same thing as i do. Im stuck with a small city garden, and i love living and growing things. Plants and nature! I have now had a thriving tank full of vegitation for about 2 years now. In fact, i sometimes seperate the plants and sell them or give them away to other people i have encouraged to have a tank with plants and fish. Im now training to be a garden designer and afterwards ill be studying landscape architecture! -Cant wait...
I encourage you too grow plants and have live not plastic plants in your tank, as your fish will def benefit from having it.
Just a bit of advice. BUY the more expensive rooting plants, they will grow in your tank if you have enough light 8) , and C02 from the fish! But also try to get hold of some lovely fat little pond snails. You dont have to buy them, you can find them in any well equiped pond trust me. Snails are good as they clean up the dead and decomposing vegetation withing the tank. So less work for you. Hope that helps... :D :) :D

Yeah I've definitely thought about the snails. how about a couple shrimp?

yeah, shrimps are good to. Shrimps will also love it when you have any fish die! They will think, smelly decomposing fish are great, and you never know, if you get a few shrimp, you could have baby shrimp, which your fish would love... With livestock like this, it always benefits to think ahead! well done. hope that helps... :) :nod: :) :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back